It’s a rare woman who doesn’t love jewelry. After all,women have been adorning themselves with earrings, bracelets, rings and necklaces since the days of Cleopatra and before. However, finding the money for diamonds, rubies, sapphires and such can be a challenge. That’s why costume jewelry is so popular. This type of jewelry is attractive without carrying a price tag that will break the family budget.
Hot trends in costume jewelry
If you’re looking to add a few pieces of new jewelry to your collection this season, you’ll want to pay attention to what’s hot this year.
1. Vintage-look jewelry. What’s old is new again this season. Delicate 1930s-style earrings and necklaces as well as chunky 1940s Art Deco pieces are making a comeback.
2. Black, black, black. Anything black, from stones to black cords are just the right, elegant accompaniment for that LBD or a chic casual look.
3. Crystals. Crystals sparkle like gemstones without the heavy price tag. Plus, they are available in a myriad of colors, so there’s something to match any outfit.
4. Statement necklaces. So-called statement necklaces are those large pieces that draw the eye and create drama for your look. Plus, since you won’t want to compete with your jewelry when you wear a statement necklace, you can get away with dressing more simply (and affordably.)
5. Bold colors. Vibrant colors are still “in” this season. Earrings and more in bright reds, oranges, fushias and pinks are sure to liven up most any ensemble.
6. Shell jewelry. Bringing the seashore inside is another fashion trend this season. Jewelry pieces created out of various sizes of shells offer a fresh, natural look. You’ll find them au naturel or painted in bold blues and greens that mimic the sea.
7. Broaches. Broaches, those ornate pins that your grandmother used to wear, are trendy again. One good reason is that they can add a feminine touch of whimsy to a conservative business suit without being too outrageous. Broaches can also be good conversation starters, especially pieces with a vintage look.
8. Boho chic. The Bohemian look continues to be popular. This look, which originated in southern Germany, is a layered, casual, almost gyspy-esque look. For jewelry, that means dangling earrings and layers of bangles and necklaces.
Costume jewelry can perk up your look without breaking your budget. Look trendy this season by choosing vintage-look pieces, black jewelry, jewelry made of crystals and large, statement necklaces.